As a nonprofit partner of Business Volunteers, you have access to the following benefits and resources:
- Online Support: Register your agency on Business Volunteers’ public searchable database, www.volunteercentral.net. After registration, you’ll be able to add information about your volunteer program and volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteer Central 101
- Board Member Referral: Business Volunteers strengthens the capacity of area nonprofits to serve the community by training and referring qualified professionals to fill vacancies on their boards of directors.
- Volunteer Management Resources & Trainings: Speak with a member of Business Volunteers’ Community Engagement team to schedule a volunteer program site assessment and to discuss the possibility of organizing a large group day of service. Attend a volunteer management training session to learn about volunteer recruitment, retention and management.
- Skills-Based Volunteer Matching Program: Skills-based volunteerism provides service based on functional business skills, experience, or expertise to benefit a nonprofit organization and/or its cause. Let Business Volunteers match your organization with a skilled volunteer with to help you in areas such as finance, graphic design, marketing, human resources and more!
- Days of Service: Business Volunteers facilitates community service projects for large groups of business volunteers that complement team building, leadership development, and philanthropy initiatives while supporting the mission of the nonprofit host.
- Business Volunteers’ doSOMETHING!: Share your organization’s mission and volunteer needs at our mixer events addressing specific Baltimore-area issue. Participate in “speed-volunteering” to connect with enthusiastic volunteers to benefit your organization.
Join our mailing list: Stay connected to Business Volunteers through our monthly newsletters. We’ll keep you informed of the latest information from local and national sources that can help you recruit, manage and develop your volunteer workforce.
My own organization has benefitted from Business Volunteers' board matching efforts, and I am sure our volunteers’ companies have benefitted from their resulting enthusiasm about performing meaningful service that improves the lives of others and the community as a whole.
Business Volunteers has a mission to help Baltimore businesses leverage the time talent and energy of all their people to make Baltimore a better place to live, grow, raise a family, care for others.
Business Volunteers is uniquely positioned to benefit the Baltimore area by connecting talented and motivated people to nonprofits that are doing great things in our communities.
The work Business Volunteers is doing to help my company and others create a culture of volunteerism is critical to the success of our community, and the ability to succeed in business.
By connecting talented and dedicated volunteers who have valuable skills and a strong passion to help, Business Volunteers is creating leadership opportunities and a deeper understanding and awareness of issues in our region.
What I saw with Business Volunteers was a way for companies to become more effective, efficient, accountable and responsible. So, I was hooked!
We are proud to be the leading catalyst uniting the skills and talents of our business community with the needs of our nonprofit community.
We're celebrating 10 years of impact through meaningful volunteerism. In that time, we've connected more than 155,000 individuals to volunteerism and infused more than $20 million in time and talen into Central Maryland